External Affairs Internship
The External Affairs Department is seeking a highly motivated individual looking for experience in communications, fundraising and donor relations to serve as the zoo’s External Affairs Intern.
Requirements for applicants:
- Must be actively enrolled in college, or a recent college graduate (within one year)
- Must have strong public written and oral communications skills, as well as a good sense of humor
- Must be organized
- Must be able to relate to a wide variety of individuals, from volunteers to professionals
- Must have experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Basic design experience preferred
- Must be available to work up to 20 hours a week, including some weekend days and/or evenings to assist with events
- Preference is given to those studying a major relating to the internship
All interns are encouraged to seek college credit from their university. Background check fees are the responsibility of the intern. Background checks are $18.80. A stipend will be rewarded to successful interns upon completion of their internship.
2022 External Affairs Internship Dates
External Affairs Internships are unavailable at this time.
Please read all applications carefully. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Due to the large volume of applications, only qualified candidates will be contacted after the application deadline has passed.
Anyone interested in an External Affairs Internship will need to send an application, cover letter and professional resume to Allyson Boyd at 500 Edgewood Ave, Akron, Ohio 44307, or email email@example.com.