To create excitement and stir passion in every visitor to become a champion of our natural world.
We connect your life to wildlife while inspiring lifelong learning and conservation action.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
The Akron Zoo is committed to upholding the value of diversity in our relationships and activities with employees, guests, colleagues, partners, and the community.
As an employer, we are committed to a workforce of diverse cultures, physical characteristics and life experiences to better serve the community.
As a community partner, we continually strive to be inclusive through the use of programming and education aimed at underserved audiences and stakeholders.
We demonstrate our commitment by:
- Striving to build a workforce that reflects our customer base, within the diverse communities in which we work, with the aim of having parity of representation across the workforce.
- Promoting an environment free from discrimination of any kind, bullying and harassment and addressing behavior that broaches this.
- Providing support and encouragement to staff to develop their careers and increase their contribution to the organization through the enhancement of their skills and abilities.
- Providing specialized programs and activities for under-served communities.
- Emphasizing through education and programming, the role diversity has in creating richness, wonder and excitement in our world.
Our goal is to ensure that these commitments, reinforced by our values, are embedded in our day-to-day working practices.