If you are looking for virtual opportunities to supplement your curriculum, complete a badge requirement or explore the animal kingdom, look no further! We have many opportunities to fit your needs.
For more information, or to schedule you edVenture, contact Macie Post at 330-375-2550 ext. 8973 or email@example.com.
Let us help you design your digital learning. Whether a quick meet-n-greet or a multi-part STEM challenge, our curriculum specialists can help you make your digital learning experience great!
We'll take you on a 20 minute guided tour of Legends of the Wild or Grizzly Ridge. This educator led virtual expedition can meet many of the Ohio Academic Learning Standards or just be for fun.
Meet some of our zoo animals and learn all about their natural history, needs for survival and ecological niche.
Choose from one of our available species* and we will send you a 10-15 minute pre-recorded video with up-close views and fascinating information about this individual.
*Lions, Grizzly Bears, Humboldt Penguins, North American River Otter, Galapagos Tortoise, Bald Eagles, Lemurs
Add additional species for only $10 each.
Meet one of our Animal Ambassadors and get ready for a Live Zoom based encounter. This 15 minute session provides opportunities for questions and further investigations into the lives of our animals. Choose between mammal, bird, or reptile.
Add additional species for $25 each. (Limit 3 species totaling 30-40 minutes)
Let us help you explore topics designed to meet Ohio Academic Standards. Each 30-40 minute educator led session will feature at least two ambassador animals.
Price per topic: $75
Topics for Preschool (ages 3-5)
- Bust A Move - Discover the various ways animals move, and see how much you can move like them.
- Living Things – Explore the differences between living things and non-living things and meet a few live animals.
- Fur, Feathers & Scales – Explore what makes birds, mammals and reptiles different.
Topics for Kindergarten – Grade 3
- Backyard Wildlife – Discover animals that live in Ohio. Learn about their lives in the wild and how people and animals can co-exist.
- In Living Color - The world is colored with animals. Discover the not-so-black and white world of animal colors.
Topics for any grade
- Where in the World? – Explore the different places animals call home, from the desert to the rainforest.
- Build a Better World – Join the Akron Zoo in learning about why animals are becoming endangered, both worldwide and in our backyards, and what we can do to help them.
- What’s for Dinner? – Learn about the food web and how all animals are connected.
What’s it like to be a Zookeeper? What about a Vet? Did you know there are many other careers in a zoological park? Join us as we explore what it takes to work with or around animals.
We will provide you with a prerecorded interview with people who do the job. Choose three careers of your choice.
- Vet Tech
- Animal Trainer
- Habitat Designer
- Financial Specialist
- Special Events Coordinator
- Graphic Artist
- Marketing Specialist
- Human Resources
- Food Service Specialist
So You Want to be a Zookeeper
Take a deep dive into what it is like to be a zookeeper. Explore the required education and training needed. Meet a zookeeper and experience the skills they use and find out how you can start preparing now!
- 20-25 minute prerecorded experience: $35
- 20-30 minute live-streaming interactive session: $55
Join a live Zoom panel discussion with individuals who do the job every day. Opportunities for questions and further exploration will give you a greater insight to their roles at the zoo. Choose up to four careers* in this 40-50 minute experience. Must be booked 4 weeks in advance.
*CEO is not available for this experience