Your Akron Zoo is now open!
Safety measures are being taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The health and safety of our guests, staff, volunteers, animals and the community is our highest priority.
We will be observing our winter hours and admission rates.
Update: Masks are now mandatory at your Akron Zoo, as mandated and directed by the State of Ohio and City of Akron. All guests, ages 10 and older, are required to wear a mask at all times when in the Akron Zoo.
11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
9:30 - 11 a.m. are special visiting times for guests who may be vulnerable to COVID-19.
$8 per person
Children under two are free.
Parking: $3 per vehicle
Akron Zoo Members' Evenings
4 -7 p.m.
Akron Zoo members can enjoy exclusive hours to visit the zoo! Tickets will be available to reserve on Aug. 1 and Sept. 5 for the respective dates.
Members must be logged into online account (see below for instructions) to reserve tickets. Non-member guest tickets are not available during this time frame.
Tickets must be purchased online. No tickets will be available at the door. To avoid overcrowding, tickets are available via time ticketing. The time selected for your tickets is the time you must enter the park. Even Akron Zoo members must have tickets to enter the park. Member tickets are available online.
Please pay attention to the date and time you are purchasing. No rescheduling of times or dates is available.
- Entry will only be available during your time slot. Early or late admission cannot be allowed.
- Tickets are available for purchase up to two weeks in advance.(Tickets will update every Saturday.)
- Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Ticket sales end at 3 p.m. each day.
- Last time frame for entrance into the zoo is 3:30 p.m.
- Guests who are vulnerable to COVID-19 will be able to visit during special times on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 - 11 a.m.
- Please do not arrive at the zoo more than 10 minutes before your time slot begins. You must stay in your vehicle until your time period begins. If you come into the Welcome Center before your time period, you will be asked to return to your vehicle.
AKRON ZOO MEMBERS
Akron Zoo members MUST have online tickets to be admitted into the zoo. Online tickets will be free for members. You must select a date and time before arriving at the zoo to avoid overcrowding. Parking is free for all members.
IMPORTANT: Akron Zoo member discounts will appear once tickets have been added to your cart. Please make sure to log in and then continue to check-out to view your discount.
We do have a new online system and all guests, including Akron Zoo members, will need to create a new account if you have not done so already after March 1, 2019. After creating an account, make sure you are logged in.
How to Purchase Tickets
The Akron Zoo has increased all safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We are following current CDC guidelines by asking employees and customers to stay home if they are sick, encouraging respiratory etiquette and appropriate hand hygiene. All Akron Zoo staff are required to wear masks and guests are strongly encouraged to wear masks.
- All indoor buildings are currently closed.
- The Conservation Carousel and Pride of Africa trains are now open! Each ride will be disinfected every hour.
Carousel tickets are $2 per rider and train tickets are $3 per rider. Get a bonus card for only $20 to enjoy $25 worth of rides!
- The boma and all play areas are closed.
- In order to avoid unnecessary crowding we will be limiting the number of guests inside the zoo to 1,500 visitors at any given time with 200 available tickets every 30 minutes.
- Guests, ages 10 and older, are required to wear masks.
- A dedicated park team has been trained to frequently sanitize high touch surfaces throughout the entire park.
- Lines in our Welcome Center will be sectioned off by stanchions- and all guests will be staggered to make sure that everyone is at least 6 feet apart. The cashier area is separated by plexi-glass partitions.
- To limit contact between team members and guests, credit cards for on grounds sales are preferred. To limit contamination, guests will not be allowed to bring in outside food or drink- exceptions will be made for guests with dietary restrictions.
- Limited restrooms are available. All restrooms will be family restrooms.
- The Akron Zoo strongly encourages social distancing- watch for the ground signs that ensure that everyone is at least 6 feet apart at habitat viewing areas. Directional markers will help guide everyone throughout the zoo’s one way path.
- Hand sanitizing stations and hand wash stations will be placed throughout the zoo for all to use.
Visiting your Akron Zoo during the COVID-19 pandemic might look a little different. Check out our special COVID-19 social story to help you plan your visit.
- I missed my time for entrance. Can I enter at a later time?
- Unfortunately, tickets are not able to be rescheduled. You must enter the zoo during your half hour time frame that is listed on your ticket.
- When should I arrive at the zoo?
- Please do not arrive at the zoo more than 10 minutes before your time frame begins. You must stay in your vehicle until your time period begins. If you come into the Welcome Center before your time period, you will be asked to return to your vehicle.
- Is it safe to visit the zoo?
- The Akron Zoo has significantly increased all safety measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. The health and safety of our guests, staff, volunteers, animals and the community is our highest priority.
- I'm high risk for COVID-19, when should I visit the zoo?
- There are special times for anyone who is vulnerable to COVID-19 every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 - 11 a.m.
- Can I bring in food or drinks?
- At this time, we ask that no outside food or beverage are brought in the zoo for safety measures. Exceptions can be made for guests with dietary restrictions and snacks for small children. No coolers will be allowed. Water bottles are permitted and water bottle stations throughout the zoo will be open.
- Will the Guest Comfort Station be open?
- Yes, the Guest Comfort station will be open and will be disinfected after each use.
- Are discounts available?
- Currently discounts are not available, including AZA reciprocal discounts. Special promotions and complimentary tickets are not being accepted at this time.
- Is the Museums for All program available?
- Beginning July 9, 2020, anyone who qualifies for the Museums for All discount must call the Akron Zoo at 330-375-2550 to reserve tickets. Tickets must be reserved at least 24 hours in advance.
Tickets will be on hold at the ticket counter. Guests must bring their Ohio EBT card and valid photo ID when they check-in.
- I will need assistance up the hill - is that possible?
- Yes, our ADA-accessible golf cart is available upon request. Only the person(s) needing assistance will be able to ride in the cart. Other members of the party will need to walk. The golf cart will be disinfected after each use.
- Will the Komodo Kingdom Cafe be open?
- The Komodo Kingdom Cafe will be closed, but different food stands will be open throughout the park, including Grasslands Cafe and Dippin' Dots.
- Can I bring a stroller?
- Yes, strollers and wagons are permitted.
- Will sensory bags be available?
- Yes, the sensory bags will be available to check out from the ticket counter. Each bag, and all items, will be disinfected after every use.
- If I need to leave the zoo, can I come back into the park?
- At this time, no reentry is permitted.
- Will play areas be open?
- The playgrounds, play areas and all ride stations are currently closed. Please be respectful of all barricades.